Cocktails perfect for this Christmas season
The holiday season is here and we know just the thing to get you in the mood for Christmas! After countless experiments (cocktail tasting at work, how boring!), we have compiled a list of delicious Christmas cocktails that you can create at the comfort of your own home!
Bourbon hot chocolate
The first cocktail on the list is the bourbon hot chocolate! Though we don’t experience winter, this easy to make, rich chocolate cocktail is sure to be a delicious drink to sip on whilst you are nestled comfortably on your couch on Christmas night watching your favorite Christmas movie!
What you will need (8 servings):
- Bourbon (250 ml)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (200 grams)
- White sugar (95 grams)
- Whole milk (1.8L)
- Dark chocolate chips (230 grams)
- Toasted marshmallows, for serving
- Drizzle (chocolate, caramel, strawberry etc) (optional)
- Mix the cocoa powder and white sugar in a large saucepan
- Incorporate roughly 350ml of milk and whisk until the mixture has the consistency of a thick paste
- Gradually whisk in the remaining milk and bring it to a simmer whilst adding the dark chocolate chips
- Once the chocolate has melted, strain it to a second pot and stir in the bourbon
- Pour the bourbon hot chocolate into individual cups and top it with toasted marshmallows and the drizzle of your choice!
Cranberry Gin Fizz
For those that prefer a cold and refreshing cocktail, we have just the right one for you! With subdued reds to match the Christmas colors, this cocktail is one that tastes as good as it looks!
We recommend using a refreshing gin like the Roku gin to provide extra floral depth to the gin.
What you will need (2 servings):
- Cranberry syrup (30 ml)
- Gin (60 ml)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (20 ml)
- Club soda (30ml)
- Fresh cranberries & thyme for garnish
- Cocktail shaker
- Mix the gin, cranberry syrup, fresh lemon juice and ice in a shaker and shake until chilled
- Strain the mixture into 2 glasses.
- Top up with ice and 15 ml of club soda into both glasses
- Garnish each drink with fresh cranberries and thyme
When you think of Christmas, candy canes, peppermint and chocolate will likely come to your mind. The peppermintini is the combination of all of them!
With vodka and liqueur combined, this drink is nothing to scoff at as it is creamy and packs a punch! For this recipe we would recommend using Grey Goose vodka (really smooth and easy to drink) and Baileys Irish Cream!
What you will need (3 servings):
- Semisweet chocolate chips (85 grams)
- Crushed candy canes (40 grams)
- Baileys Irish Cream (180 ml)
- Vodka (120 ml)
- Peppermint schnapps (60 ml)
- Heavy cream (30 grams)
- 3 small candy canes for garnish
- 3 martini glass
- Cocktail shaker
- Pour melted chocolate and crushed candy canes on separate shallow plates
- Dip the martini glasses into the chocolate and then in candy canes
- Pour the remaining chocolate into the bottom of glasses and swirl to coat roughly a third of the glass with chocolate
- Place the glasses into the freezer
- Mix the Baileys, vodka, peppermint schnapps and heavy cream into a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice and shake until cold
- Divide the mixture between 3 glasses and garnish the glass with a candy cane before serving
With that, we have come to the end of our favourite Christmas cocktails! Do let us know if you have tried any of these recipes for yourself and let us know how it went! If you have a different number of pax to serve, feel free to multiply and divide the amount of ingredients according to the recommended serving size!
Thank you for tuning in to our blog and we will be introducing our original cocktails in the future!